Friday, July 28, 2006
i have tried going online for the past few days, and they keep telling me "the page you requested is currently not available...bla..bla...."
i can connect, but i cant view the page...what the.....>:/
so then, i have to wait for my dad to come back from kl, and he adjusted some things for me, and viola! i can view the page..it's so annoying when someone else tries and suddenly it works! sheesh...when i have tries for the past THREE days, he gets it in three MINUTES!!!
Don't get eme wrong, i love my dad...but when you've been frustrated for the past 3 days, it doesn't help when someone rubs it in your face...
ok...no more complaining...it makes me old faster...
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Btw, if you know anyone that can help with this problem, pls let me know!!!! thanks =)
So anyways, i found some jokes a tossed aside eons ago...was cleaning out my cupboard, and found a few yellowed pages, so i read them...i think i got it when i was in form 1 or sth...
- One should love animals, they are so tasty.
- Love thy neighbour, but don't get caught.
- Behind every succesful man, is a woman. Behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
- Money is not everything. There's Mastercard and Visa.
- Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
- A good discussion is like a miniskirt. Short enough to pertain interest, and long enough to cover the subject.
- Children in backseats cause accidents. Accidents in backseats cause childrren.
- *ALCOHOL KILLS SLOWLY* So what? Who's in a hurry?
- *Hard work never killed anybody* But why take the risk?
- God made relatives. Thank God we can chose our friends!
- When two's company, three's the result!
- A dress is like a brarbed fence. It protects the premises without restricting the view.
- The more you learn, the more you know. The more you know, the more you tend to forget. The more you forget, the less you know. So, why learn?!?
Saturday, July 22, 2006
|Your Love Life Secrets Are|
Looking back on your life, you will only have one true love.
You're a little scarred from your past relationships, but who isn't?
You prefer a quirky, unique person to be your lover. You're easy going about who you're with, as long as they love you back.
In fights, you love to debate and defend yourself. You logic prevails - or at least you'd like to think so.
A break-up usually comes as a shock to you. You always think things are going well.
I need to sleep...
Friday, July 21, 2006
Had nothing to do yesterday, so i whiled away the time by painting my fingernails a soft pink, and my toenails a soft purple..hehe..
I don't know why, but i seem to have an affinity for feminine colours when i paint my nails..how i wish i had as much guts to paint them black or something...hehe...
Anyways, took some pics..but i deleted my toenails ones...somehow, it didn't come out right..my feet look like some retarded giant feet up close..go figure..heh.
can you see the shade? It looks funny right...I took this last night, under the light..
This one looks nicer..took it this morning, under the sunlight. Look closely at the top, can you spot the box Ronnie made for me?
Btw, my sis made a comment just now...she says that some st 3-ers thinks that Ronnie is my boyfriend..hehe...so i shall clarify it =)
Ron is not my bf, but he IS one of the sweetest guys i have ever known. He is a very sweet simple guy who loves his friends and MOO MOO!!! hehe...in our moo moo gang, he holds the V.President post! hehe..hrmmmm...should put this on his frenster testimonial...Ron, cut and paste ya...=)
Thursday, July 20, 2006
I composed myself and tried to sound demure when i answered..
"hi, Choulyin. this is Calvin from SUPP youth calling ar..I heard that you din get any offer from local uni right.." the guy said.
*DUH...If i did i wouldn't still be at home right..i most prob would have been halfway to class already..* I thought..
But i said, "no, i didn't have any offer.."
Then he said, " so what are your plans now?"
To which i replied.." now?"
But he obviously heard wrong, because he said, "nothing? ok, I just want to let you know that we are still fighting for you. I just got off the phone with the ministry of higher education, and we are also going to write a letter of appeal...." which i tuned out in the end because basically they are saying the same thing..
At the end, i asked "so when am i going to know when my results will be out?"
And he said, " im not sure..but we will let you know asap"
So i dutifully thanked him, and we both hung up.
While I appreciate SUPP youth's help, i have my own reservations..I mean, twice a have been rejected by mohe, what makes the third time so special? they probably see my application and toss it aside, thinking: ^this girl again? haven't we rejected her twice already? tak tahu malu betul^
And so i am not going to get my hopes up. i shall just concentrate on my application to swinburne..I am now ready and geared for acounting..hehe...i hear Lilian say that its a jungle out there..to get the course i want with Ron and Lil, we must go early early and snatch it up! as the saying goes, 'the early birds catches the worms' hehe..
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
I bought cd's, (yes, i know you can download from the net, but i do not have streamyx, therefore i shall just comfort myself) and i also bought a cd case..winnie the pooh cover..hehe..
I also bought two nail polish, one is purple, and another is light yellow, more to gold.. both with little sparkly flecks in it =) *hapiness*
Ron messaged me this morning..asking me to go BOWLING!! hehe..but after a while, he msg me back, saying cancelled..=( so sad...
but its ok, i shall cheer myself with other things..
i called Lilian last night, and we talked quite long la..hehe..I cant wait for August to come!! hehe..so that i can register at Swinburne and study again..its so boring at home!!
But then...I can also wait for august...my dear going to KK for three months when august comes..=(
never coming back...and so i shall not be able to see him for three whole months!!! :-(
But its ok..three months is a short time..better three months than three years, rite?
that's it for now, tata!!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
- You unwrap gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping. (and especially those bows).
- When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
- You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
- You save grocery bags, tin foil and tin containers. You use the grocery bags to hold garbage.
- You hate to waste food: Even if you're totally full, if someone says they're going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you'll finish them. (Your mom will give a lecture about starving kids in Africa). You have Tupperware’s in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
- You don't own any real Tupperware - only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, take out containers and jam jars.
- You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
- You wipe your plate and utensils or wash them in a small basin of hot water before you eat every time you go to a restaurant.
- You own a rice cooker and slow cooker.
- You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
- You fight (literally) over who pays the dinner bill.
- You have a teacup with a cover on it.
- If you're under age 20, you own a really expensive Walkman, if you're over 20, you own a really expensive camera.
- You're a wok user.
- You only make long distance call after 7pm.
- You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached - it means they're fresh.
- You never call your parents just to say hi.
- If you don't live at home and when your parents call, they'll ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
- Your parents tell you to boil herbs and stay indoors when you get sick. They also tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods because they're heaty (yeet hay in Cantonese)
- You email your Chinese friends at work, even though you only sit less than 10 feet apart.
- You always cook too much.
- You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don't eat the last piece of food on the table.
- You starved yourself before going to all you can eat buffet.
- You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelry or electronics or computers.
- You own your own meat cleaver and sharpen it.
- Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
So, if you are a Chinese, keep it up guys, coz not everybody can be a Chinese!!
Monday, July 17, 2006
by David Leonhardt
A happiness poem:
If a happiness poem could bring forth a smile,
Then my face would always dress in style.
If my ears could hear my computer screen,
From one to another, they, too, would grin.
My keyboard types for my eyes not my tongue
This happiness poem will never be sung.
But what of my eyes? Don't they shine?
Yes, but not from this poem of mine.
The pen is mightier than the sword,
But a pen can write only words.
The feelings I sense and the senses I feel
For keyboard and screen remain far too real.
My ears and my nose remain at rest.
My cheeks and hairline are doing their best.
But if this happiness poem could make my mouth smile,
My face would forever dress up in style.
when i logged in, i was hit with these few words..
"DUKACITA dimaklumkan bahawa anda tidak berjaya dalam permohonan erayuan....bla..bla...bla..."
and that's that.
what else can be said?
The sadness of my life...
and so, to cheer myself up, i went online and found this poem..
Seeing your smile
Your eyes lit up
An array of emotions
Passing through them.
Feeling your arms
Wrapped tight around me,
Your body pressed
Close to mine.
Hearing your laugh
The musical sound
All around me, the
Gentleness in your voice,
All of these things
I hold close to my heart
After seeing you before me,
So beautiful!!!! I found it on another blogger's site..http://anewstart73.blogspot.com
And so, there were about 21 hits on my full name..and about 80 hits for my first name only.most of it cos of my swimming and synchronized swimming, but surprisingly, there were a few from feli,naomi, ron and azelea..made me a little flattered. I didn't think I was important enough to be mentioned. and even if i was, it would most prob be in short form like Yin, or something.
Reading Feli's blog gave me a trip down memory lane..on how our Form 6 used to be. How i just flew by Secondary school but reli settled down in Form 6, and made frens for life.
One of the things i really miss are my U6C classmates. saw a pic of Pn Jo blowing out candles, and she was wearing the earrings I gave to her for teachers day! hehe..and it put some things in perspective for me. Seeing as how i thought that i was mature, it turns out that we don't mature as we grow older. We mature as we go through experiences in life. And as much as it pains me to admit it, when i was in Form 6, it doesn't make me any more experienced even though i'm two years older. I was mean (to some people) and probably a little biased to some. Although i try my best to be fair to everyone and let bygones be bygones, turns out i wasn't trying hard enough.
Form 6 is hard, but you gain so much more experiences, and make many friends. Seriously, I have made friends with people i didn't even think of talking to when i was in St. Teresa. hehe..people like Sam Jo, Arlyne, and also Pris. I didn't even think that i would make so many Form 4 and 5 friends..hehe...some whose friendships i still hold dearly to, and try to hang out with when i can =)
I MISS FORM 6!!!! now in uni, your friends are scattered all over the world, and you realise that time is short.
Right...anyways, when I was at Bing!, Edward was using the computer, and he went to alot of blogs..and i read some of them, and it really amazes me that there are so many computer savvy people around..hehe...time for me to come out of my tempurung..i guess. What i learnt from watching Ed post a blog, you have to have good writing skills to blog. This is because you want people to read it and be entertained by it. But apart from that, you must also keep it simple, as there are quite a number of people who although like to read your blog, have a short span of attention disorder. People like me. Heh. From watching Ed, i have to finally admit that I am a total idiot when it come to these ultra high tech things..until Ed told Bren that they have to teach me a lot of things. I mean, how can anybody make their blog so interesting? There are pics, and captions, and watermarks and such..I have to learn these things..Hence, my mid year resolutions : to be more computer savvy.
I just realised the emptiness of it when I wanted to have a get together for badminton the other day...and instead of the usual ten or more ppl, it turn out to be a measly five..=(
I appealed to SUPP for my uni application, but I'm wondering..just how much can they do for us? Not meaning to be pessimistic or anything, but it does make you ponder, right? mohe says that if by 24 July you stil haven't been offered anything, they actually mean "Jangan haraplah!" its just so sad, that the ppl who get lousier results than you have a place in uni, and you don't.
Off the subject..its gonna just turn me into a cynic..anyways, tomorrow is Swinburne's Open Day, and i have decided to apply for accounting there. Although I have to wonder about the kind of ppl they are taking in..cos just the other day, we had a PC fair, and i overheard some snotty girl say, "why is it that everywhere i go, i see swinburne ppl?" DUH!!!! Kuching is a small city. of course you'r bound to bump into ppl you know, or barely know when you go out. It's not like KL, where if you go out alone, you most probably won't even meet a single person you know..
Anyways, enough about that...I was talking about accounting right, well...what can I say? it's the practical way out =) and it has the added benefit of two of my very good frens also studying there, which are Lilian and Ronnie..it'll be a blast! hehe...then we can have study groups and stuff..
okies, should be enough for now..my sis wana go online...