There are many cleansing brushes out there, the most famous one being the Clarisonic which costs more than RM500....yes, it's quite expensive. There are other mid range cleansing brushes also, which costs between RM250-RM350. But what I will be reviewing today will be the Mary Kay Skinvigorate, which only costs RM190.
The Skinvigorate is like most cleansing brushes that are available out there, and it is battery operated (two AA batteries), and has a two speed power brush. In my hands, the Skinvigorate is pretty lightweight and doesn’t need to be charged before use, being battery operated. It is not as petite as some of the other cleansing brushes out there, but I love the shape because it fits into my hands perfectly. The buttons are on the front rather than the back of the gadget, and this makes it easier in my opinion, because then you can just use your thumb to control the speed.
- This lightweight, two-speed power brush gently massages as it thoroughly cleans skin, removing residue, dirt and makeup in seconds.
- Removes makeup 85 percent better than cleansing by hand.
- Boosts the absorption of your next skin care step.
- Starts improving skin’s appearance immediately.
- Helps polish away the look of past skin damage for a more even-looking complexion.
- Softens the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Feels like a spa facial treatment with dual-speed rotating action.
These are the contents of the box, it comes with the cleansing brush, two brush heads, and two AA batteries. Yup, the batteries are included.
The Skinvigorate comes with two brushes and after consulting Andrea (my Mary Kay consultant), she says that both brush heads are the same. It is decidedly smaller than the Clarisonic, but I feel that this is better for me as it fits better to my face. The brush heads itself are quite soft, and if compared to another brand of almost the same range, the bristles are so much softer and are of a higher quality.
The bottom button is the start button, and the top button is for you to switch speeds. As mentioned, there are two speeds to the Skinvigorate. The two speeds allow you to customise your experience with the product. Just a push of a button switches from a lower speed to a higher one, reaching over 400 rotations per minute.Both speeds provide gentle massaging yet deep cleansing that’s suitable for daily use on all skin types, even sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. I usually use the lower speed as I would like to take my time and pamper my skin.
If comparing uses with other cleansing brushes, I feel that the Skinvigorate is softer and not as abrasive to my skin than the other cleansing brushes I have used. The Skinvigorate doesn't have a timer to indicate when you should move the brush onto another part of your face. The replacement brush heads sells for RM48 for a pack of 2.
In terms of the design, the nylon bristles of the brush head feature polished tips with rounded ends so they feel supersoft against your skin. It also gently exfoliates and helps improve skin texture without being abrasive to skin. The unique angled design hugs the contours of your face to help thoroughly clean. All you have to do it put it on for about 15 second per spot that you're cleaning. No more, no less.
The brush is gentle enough to be used daily, but I usually use it every two days, so I give my skin time to rest in between. It gets rid of my dead skin cells, and that is saying a lot. Quite a few times after I wash my face with just the foam, I feel that my face is still a little rough, and that the dead cells are still there. But after using the Skinvigorate, my skin is smooth every time.
So after using it, what are my final thoughts on the Skinvigorate:
- I love that it is not abrasive to my skin. After cleansing my face with the brush, I can feel that my skin was cleaner, and more fresh than before.
- The compact design was also a plus point for me. Because it's small enough, you can pack it up with you even when you're travelling.
- It fits into my hand easily, and the grip handles ensure that it doesn't slip when I am using it
- It is waterproof, so I can use it even when I am showering.
- I like that it's battery operated, because then I don't have to kick myself when I forget to charge it after I use it :p
Would you get the Skinvigorate? Have you tried any other cleansing brushes before? Let me know in the comments section below!
Til the next time, stay beautiful!