Sunday, April 26, 2009
You've worked so hard in uni, always so selfless in giving to others, and you're finally getting the recognition you deserve :) Feel so happy for you, and I'm equally proud that you have managed to get to where you are today ^^
Clearly 2009 is getting to be a better and better year for you, and I hope that in the future it will be smooth riding for you all the way til you get the job you want, and finally settle down :)
I'm here for you, and you know you can always count on me for anything ^^
I <3 you :)
Saturday, April 18, 2009
At first I didn't catch the title of the song and movie name, I had to watch the rerun three times to finally realise he said "falling slowly" and the movie "Once" -_-"" Why do Americans have such funny accents?? :p
Anyways, I guess different people have different perceptions about this song. Some might say it's too slow, too abstract, etc..but I think it's a beautiful song :)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Date: 17-19 April 2009
Venue: La Salle PD
just a few words for fellow Lasallians involved in the KVLC,
Auts and Rachel: have a great time chairing!!! we know you'll kick ass :D
my dear saimui Dinah: Just a few days more, and you'll have more time to rest ^^ jia yu!
everyone else: Have fun and recharge your LS spirit :D
Friday, April 10, 2009
It was actually a chain letter, but what the heck, if i put it here, then if more than xx people read it, then I would have 'forwarded' it to you xx number of ppl d kan? :p
1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.
3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.
6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.
12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.
13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
Being happy is the priority of living. If u wanna be sad, be sad 4 something thats worth it.
REMEMBER: WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS FOR A REASON.
How do I tell you how I feel?
When you're not here to help me heal?
How do I let you know my thoughts,
When we never seem able to talk?
How do I convey to you my emotions,
when we're separated by an entire ocean?
How do I continue to stay strong,
When lately all I seem to do is wrong?
Am I supposed to pretend I don't feel it at all?
That you're not here to catch me even when I fall?
Can I pretend there's no barrier between us,
Does that mean there's really no more trust?
I hope someday soon the tide will turn
and this will be just another bad memory to burn
But how much longer do I have to wait?
Should I once again put my reliance on fate?
Fate brought us together, now is it forcing us apart?
Or is this just another lesson we have to etch in our hearts?
I hope it's the latter, I really wish that it's true
Cause I don't know what will happen, if I have to lose you.
27 March 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
- Taxation is a super hard subject, that unless you have super great interest in it, I suggest you don't take it at all. However, being an Accounting major student, you ARE required to take it, so the best of luck to you. Luckily, it is being made interesting by Mr Nick. Or else, you will feel like taking all four books (yes, FOUR books for only ONE subject, not to mention countless pieces of notes and Taxation Rulings) and killing yourself with it by banging it on your head (yes, it can kill you if you bang it hard enough. It's super thick).
- Current Issues also is a killer subject, and yes, it also is a core subject if you are taking Accounting as a major in Swinburne. So please, devote your time to this, and Taxation.
- Next week is the final week before the Mid-Sem break comes around. And with it, WSDC :p haha..am super lucky I'm not involved in the organising of this :p *runs and hides before Mdm C comes looking for me*
- I have three assignments waiting for me, the nearest due in two weeks. Oh wait, I have five major assignments in total. The other two is just not out yet. -_-"
- Postings are not always as easy as some people say it is. Not when you have a lecturer like the one I have who is super volatile and doesn't go by any real marking rules.
- Ecomm is made fun by fun lecturers like Mr Rodney, who are great to talk to, and easy to relate to.
- IBLaw is interesting. It needs a lot of effort and reading up on, but once you get your engine going, it's cool :) Of course, this is all before the assignment comes around. :p
Lets hope week 7 will be a better week
or else I will hang myself.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
I mean, really really really tired.
I’m tired of always having to explain my actions because there will always be some one out there who will always want to misunderstand my motives, and reasons for taking particular action.
It gets annoying after a while.
Fine, it gets REALLY annoying after a while. If you really want to know why I did it in the first place, then come and ask me.
But for clearing up ANY misunderstanding that is SURE to come up, I will explain again, the reasons the EXCO, as well as Pn Stella employs to select the OTs for Regionals
Lately I’ve been getting people asking me about the OTs for Regionals. As I have stated in the FT meet, the optimum number we have all come up with for the number of OTs for Regionals are 20 pax. Why 20 people? Because we want quality, not quantity. And I do realise that there are a lot of people out there who are still willing to help out for Regionals, but for the small amount, we can't fit in everyone. And for that I am truly truly really sorry. Selection of OTs for Regionals will always be through this criteria:
First 6-7 spots will be given to those that have already went for Nationals in the previous year.
- Next four spaces will be given to the four FT EXCO. In the event that any of these EXCO's can't make it, their space will be given to those in #3
- All other remaining spaces will be given to FT members, AFTER DISCUSSION WITH PN STELLA, and this includes those who are still in St Joe, as well as those that have left St Joe and are still keen on helping out.
We have always tried to be fair in our selection process, and we have tried our hardest to consider everyone for the part. So please, there is no such thing as being biased, neither is there any talk about those who have been in the limelight too long but have not done anything at all. If such a thing has occured, how would you expect us to know and make informed choices and decisions if none of these incidents have been reported to us?
If you are still not satisfied, I implore you, come and look for me, I will explain to you.